It is all about the first time..
Darwis Ichiro Azmi ~ 4 days old. Picture by TripletsplusOne Photography
My husband and I still remember on how we used to say “this is gonna be our last time….bla bla bla..before parenthood” as if the situation after that will be so difficult, like entering a battle where catastrophe may occur and dying is common.
Well, after going through it for 12 months, proud to announce that it is even far more challenging than the third world war. However our verdict about being a parent is no longer “it is all about the last time”, in fact it is more towards “it is all about the first time!”
- the first time Ichiro pee on the bed, we were so panic but had a good laugh after that
- the first time Ichiro fell sick, we were so….yeah panic [again] and we also had a fight over it. I was furious with my husband and accused him for spreading the virus to Ichiro. However, I did apologize to him once I managed to think straight and berserah dgn takdir tuhan. You see..I can be such a drama queen.
- the first time Ichiro burp, we both agreed that we fed him well.
- the first time Imran trying to burp our baby, he was doing it wrongly and ended up as if he is strangling the baby
- the first time we saw Ichiro smiling in his sleep, that was the cutest thing we’ve ever seen in our entire life
- the first time Ichiro smiles to us, he was so angelic and we felt like the whole world is smiling to us
- the first time Ichiro started to crawl and walk it is such a bittersweet moment for us. He will be no longer dependent to us but yeah…we know that he can’t forever be a little baby. But we will still love him like the first day he was born even after 40 years from now on.
Oh boy…I can’t help myself from crying now. I need to stop before my keyboard gets all wet.
Darwis Ichiro Azmi – 6 days old
Dear son, all I wanna say is Happy First Birthday darling. Mommy and Daddy will always love you, do come to us whenever you are unhappy, we will surely make you happy again. Seriously anytime dear, selagi kami belum menghembuskan nafas terakhir dan menutup mata selamanya.
Be good sayang.
Darwis Ichiro Azmi ~ 11 months and 3 weeks old
p/s: we are so sorry that we were so careless that day until you fell down and caused your lips to bleed heavily. your dad was so panic, he carried you immediately but only to know he didn’t know where to head. he was looking for a washroom but to no avail, he was about to enter the elevator but then your blood pouring like rain and you were crying so loud. so your dad ended up “berpusing-pusing” on the floor for few minutes. and your mommy? she’s so panic until she can’t even say a word and she just standing like a statue and staring to your dad yg “berpusing-pusing” in circle. but you are such a tough boy, a moment after that you suddenly stop crying and get busy with the balloon again…yeah the thing that had caused you to fall. well…so much for your 1 year old scar..:)
Daddy is sleeping beside you. I took you out from the cradle just now because you were crying and put you on the bed to sleep with your daddy.
Goodnight and sleep tight.